Monday, September 19, 2011

Toronto, I Swear I’ll Take It Easy On You


Not even 3 weeks in, and I’m overwhelmingly excited for the possibilities. Already with a show under my belt, SebastiAn, which was bloody fantastic, and more to come. One of the upcoming shows is the DFA1979 concert, which I have been long looking forward to. Just the chance to catch a glimpse of JFK at his full glory makes me bulge.

That’s beside the point, I haven’t written in far too long, so here’s a few gems that I’ve been sitting on for a bit now. Boys Noize making his regular appearance on my posts, LA Riots with one of my favourite EDM tracks of all time (no matter how mainstream), and a surprise dubstep remix of SebastiAn. I swear I need to move more often if this is the outcome.

Avalanche (Terminal Velocity) (Canblaster Remix) – Boys Noize & Erol Alkan
Avalanche (Terminal Velocity) (Canblaster Remix) by phantasy sound

Adonis – Boys Noize (The man can do it all, the amount of talent is disgusting)
Boys Noize - Adonis by cargain

Bounce (LA Riots Unreleased Remix) – MSTRKRFT
MSTRKRFT feat. N.O.R.E. - Bounce (LA Riots Unreleased Remix) by LA Riots

Love In Motion (Skrillex’s Funkt-Out Mix) – SebastiAn ft Mayer Hawthorne
SebastiAn ft. Mayer Hawthorne - Love In Motion (Skrillex's Funkt-Out Mix) by loudandsick.com

This post can’t all be rainbows and butterflies, sadly. With DJ Mehdi passing, the industry took a huge blow and this man deserves much more then I can provide here. ED Banger Records centered themselves around this man and for a good reason, his talent was incredible, and although I did not know him personally, the whole industry had nothing but incredible things to say about this man. RIP Mehdi, far too soon.

DJ Mehdi - Loukoums
DJ MEHDI "Loukoums" by edbangerrecords

Deadly

1 comment: