Monday, June 6, 2011

Feed Me – Mod Club Saturday, June 3rd, 2011



First time at Mod Club, and I think I fell in love. This’ll be my first review of an event, and was it ever something special. Leading up to this, I had been consuming Feed Me tracks as much as possible, but this man pulled out all the stops.

To start off the night there was a duo up on stage, Dooze Jackers (Thanks Paul), immediately, me and my friends set up right next to stage, where we feel most comfortable. The duo, initially had me wondering who they were. They played a couple good tracks, but on further listen, they were generic electro with little to no personality.

During the sub par opening act, I actually had the pleasure to meet the guys over at The Worst Guy Blog, I follow them religiously and probably made an absolute fool of myself infront of them, naturally being a couple drinks in. These Waterloo bloggers are truly committed to EDM, and I recommend, HIGHLY, to go check them out.

At this time some guy decided it was a good idea to piss on the stage, truthfully I was howling, but others in the area didn’t share my sense of humour. This left the right of the stage with much more room, and in the end I was thanking him.

But the music! Easily the best track the uninspiring duo dropped was Mush, Mush by Bassjackers. This banger has been on constant rotation for me, and had me foaming at the mouth for more. This was the time Feed Me came on and the crowd started going insane. Chants of ‘Feed Me’ echoed throughout the Mod Club, and this is when the real night began, opening up with Green Bottle.

Mush Mush & Feed Me Intro

He followed up with so many incredible tracks, I actually lost track. Grand Theft Ecstasy, Cloudburn, Talk to Me, Muscle Rollers, and other crowd favourites. Feed Me had the place going absolutely ballistic. I was actually most surprised when he threw in a drum & bass track in there later on in his set, and did so seamlessly.

Feed Me's Electronic Goodness #1
Feed Me's Electronic Goodness #2
Feed Me's Electronic Goodness #3

Now easily the most insane part of the show was when Feed Me dropped Skrillex’s Reptile Theme. This track is absolutely monstrous, combining my love of dubstep, with my true love, video games, PERFECTLY. Craziness ensued, Feed Me began crowd surfing at the drop of the next track, scaring the shit out of the security while he was at it, but man was it ever awesome.

Feed Me's Crowd Surf

At the ending of his set, Feed Me came right over to the speaker I had latched on to the entire night, not moving an inch except to go crazy over the bangers, shook my hand and gave me a couple stickers. My friends then goated me into do a little crowd surfing myself while Feed Me was up there, so I got up shook Feed Me’s hand again and went for it. I know nothing huge right?

Feed Me's A Boss

To sum up, a perfect night is perfect. Thank you Feed Me for that incredible show.
Deadly

No comments:

Post a Comment